My Own Parade

"My Own Parade", 6" X 6", oil on canvas


I'm back to my daily paintings. I know, it's "daily" painting... and my reason for the lapse? Getting ready for the exhibit, tired/burning eyes and basically, just not mentally prepared to commit over the weekend, apparently. But those are all poor excuses. It's a commitment. And when one makes a commitment, it's sometimes easier said than done. I think, in my case at least, it's more about the studio set-up. I need to get a system in place. One that I can just step into and do my work. As it stands right now, I don't feel very organized for this endeavor. So, that's my goal today. Get myself comfortable in my studio for doing these paintings AND do a painting today.

The painting I'm posting today is the one I did yesterday. It's of a little wooden figurine, from a set of "The Pied Piper" figurines. They were made in East Germany, (remember that?! Before the fall of the Berlin Wall?) over twenty-five years ago. I used to collect these little figurines for my oldest daughter, Sarah. I chose the little boy, blowing his horn. I call it "My Own Parade" because sometimes that's how I feel being an artist. Aside from "marching to the beat of a different drummer", I sometimes feel that I'm in a parade of one. That I have to "blow my own horn".

Comments

Popular Posts