Bummer

Okay, so that didn't work out!  I did paint but, I didn't finish it... First, after setting up a simple still life, I decided I didn't like it, so I started altering the elements.  Then I started trying other items.  Nothin' was workin' for me.  I must have spent nearly two hours just trying to find something to paint! Mini vase and  strawberry... nope.   Two strawberries... nope.  Two small wooden figures... nope.  One wooden figure... nope.  A dog biscuit... nope.  A wrapped candy... nope.  Nope! Nope! Nope!  There were other things, but I don't want to bore you.  I finally went back to two strawberries.  I  bought HUGE strawberries this morning with the intention of using them in a painting.  They're bigger than golf balls.  I ended up painting with a palette knife because I couldn't get the brush strokes to look the way I wanted.  The trouble with doing that though, is that I've never painted with a palette knife before!!  I like the look so far, but the paint is too thick to continue considering I don't know what the heck I'm doing.  I'll keep at it, but it's going to take more than one day.

There were too many things stacked against me tonight.  Too distracted.  I wanted the darkness so I could create more dramatic lighting.  The problem with that is I'm not used to painting that way and was uncomfortable with the light on the palette.  The clock was ticking away and it was getting later and later, and time shorter and shorter. My eyes were getting tired, I wasn't happy with what was going on... blah, blah, blah. Not a happy camper tonight.  BUT, nonetheless, I did paint today!  And I learned that I'm not a night time painter unless I've already started painting during the day.  So I guess I accomplished something and learned a thing or two after all.

Comments

Popular Posts