Same Day...Later...


I have so much to learn about this blogging thing! I now realize that when I introduced myself and my art to you I failed to tell you more about "Lizzy's Locks of Love". It was juried into the Third Annual Michigan Portrait Show at the Orion Art Center, in Lake Orion, Michigan this past September. The judge for the show was Kathleen Van Ella, founder of Portraits/Chicago Inc. "Lizzy's Locks..." was awarded a Juror's Merit Award. Also juried into the show was "Sh-h-h...", a pastel portrait of a sleeping baby, Eleanor Genevieve.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lois, the portrait of your daughter, Locks of Love, is gorgeous! So realistic, and wonderfully painted. When I saw it at the Michigan Portrait Show I knew I wanted to meet the artist. The Juror's Merit Award was well deserved. Kathleen Van Ella picked a winner. Congratulations!
Nicki Thompson
These are beautiful portraits, Lois. I'm glad you began this blog. Now I know the story behind that long haired beauty.

Popular Posts