Hurry Up Summer!

Yes, that's right... I don't even want to "hurry up spring". I'm pushing for summer. That's because spring in Michigan is an iffy prospect. Sometimes we have one and sometimes we don't. As of right now, it looks as though Mother Nature may grace us Michiganders with an actual spring, but I never trust her. She's too fickle when it comes to keeping us in her graces and warming embraces before June. Spring may only be a couple days away, according to the calendar, but here, it could still be a moot season. As I sit here in my studio, overlooking the yard, the prospect of a spring looks pretty good - grass is starting to "green up", there's been a robin or two hopping around the yard, trees are starting to bud, and the temp is starting to rise - too slow for my liking, but nevertheless, it's rising.

What I'm really looking forward to is getting out and doing some plein air painting. The Maui Plein Air Painters Invitational really inspired me. Living in the urban area of metropolitan Detroit doesn't lend itself to much in the way of landscape work, but I hope to be able to do some painting "around town". I may have to resort to photographing what I want to paint because I don't know how well received a plein air painter might be in the middle of Royal Oak or ssome other locale. I wonder if I should check with local authorities first... Does anyone have any input on this matter? I'd appreciate advice.

Comments

Popular Posts