As I Was Saying

Okay, so here I am again... as I said in the previous posting I haven't done much artwork since April.  I really withdrew into the outside world - the one where my artself doesn't exist.  I've been there before, during my first marriage when for 9 years - that's right 9 years - I didn't pick up so much as a pencil and do anything!  Since I've been there before, I know how easy it is to slip back into that "abyss".  It makes me sad to think of all the time in my life I've wasted not doing any artwork, so I try not to dwell on it.  I try to stay positive and now I have to refocus my artistic energies back into my artwork and get my butt back into the studio on a day basis.

I'm posting one of the few paintings I did recently.  It was a commissioned piece.  I had to work from an old B & W photo of the old woman and child and I found painting the old woman's face a delight!  So much to work with!


                   "Old Mrs. Austin and Roxanne", 18" X 24", oil






Comments

Popular Posts