"Precious" Birthday Gift

Stuffed 3: Zhēnguì, oil, 5" x 7"


Okay, it's my birthday and I decided I was going to do what gives me joy today. Since it's December and there's snow on the ground, gardening is out of the question, so I'm in my studio, painting. It's been a while since I've been in here actually painting. Some "frog" work kept me elsewhere in November, then came Thanksgiving and a mini-vacay to Toronto and then the Christmas Express started rolling through my days. It was all wonderful - don't get me wrong. I've had a great time the past six weeks! But my poor studio and artwork were kind of like the Little Match Girl... cold and alone over Christmas. I figured I needed to "get back to it" before my artist spirit "froze".

I really didn't want to start on the orchid painting first thing today because that would require some rearranging and cleaning up in that area of the studio and I just knew I'd end up doing that all day instead of painting! And I couldn't start anything else because Zhēnguì has never been finished... aaargh! So, I finished her.

Comments

Popular Posts