Raindancing

I've been clearing out duplicate files from my computer and just cleaning it up in general.  It's been a long time since I've taken care of this task.  Actually, I've been actively avoiding it for a while now!  But, I realized that this avoidance was also stagnating my progress toward becoming a "full-time artist" and keeping me from moving forward.  My files were getting confusing - too much duplication in numerous various files.  I think it's a feng shui thing... Clutter creates stagnation.  At least for me it does!

But that's not what this posting is about.

I ran across a bunch of quotes that I had collected over the years.  The first one on the list struck me and that's the one I want to share:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, 
it's about dancing in the rain."

I don't know who to attribute the quote to and I can't remember where I ran across this quote, but I think it's quite apropos for the times we are facing right now economically, not just artist, but everyone.  I  have an artist friend, Rich Nelson, who is tremendously talented and has worked very hard to reach his professional objectives.  He has gained national recognition with his art and his "star" just seems to keep on rising.  He had a vision and pursued that vision.  I am so proud of him!  He won't be just sitting under an umbrella waiting for the storm to pass.  He'll keep dancing in the rain and he'll come out of this storm, stronger and better for it - because he has a vision and faith in what he does.

Rich is such an inspiration.  He is generous of spirit and always encouraging.  As I get back on track with my artwork, I hope I can stay focused.  I have not lived up to my favorite quote from Yoda, "Do or do not, there is no try."  Or actually maybe I have, because for a good long while I have not been "doing".  And so, with that, I leave... to "do"... I am off to my studio.

Comments

It's great to see your new posts and beautiful work, Lois. Speaking of quotes, Alyson Stanfield has one in her book,"I'd Rather be in the Studio" that I like. "Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out." --James Bryant Conant.

Popular Posts